Sunday, December 04, 2005

Remind me to get to Miami next year

Coolhunting's first-hand notes on Jeppe Hein's piece called Distance, a large scale exhibit remind me vaguely of Mark Perez's Mousetrap from Burning Man 2005.

Anyway, I'm seeing so much jaw dropping stuff from this Design.05 show that I think I may have to go next year. The range of pieces is dramatic, Let me know if you're interested in joining the entourage.

Here's a description from the web site:
design.05 Miami endeavors to encourage the current discourse over the ever-blurring boundaries between art, architecture, and design through a highly selective multi-disciplinary design event. design.05 Miami will present fifteen of the world's most significant galleries dealing in post-war to contemporary museum quality furniture and decorative arts.
Zaha Hadid, mentioned in a previous post, created a four story installation for the event. It's serious stuff.

No comments: